Search

Friends of COS: West, "How I was thrown out of Google Alumni"



From: Michael West 
Date: Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:41 AM
To: Google Network
I am in hurry writing you this short message, i traveled to Nigeria and i got my self stranded.I am really stranded in Nigeria because I forgot my bag in the Taxi where my nexus one were kept on my way to the Hotel am staying, I am facing a hard time here because i have no nexus one on me. I am stuck using inferior phones which do nothing except accept and receive phone calls. I need this help from you urgently to help me back home, I need you to help me by sending me a nexus one to sort out my problems here. I will appreciate what so ever Nexus One you can afford to send me for now and I promise to pay back your money as soon as i return home, so please let me know on time so that i can forward you the details you need to transfer the Nexus One to me. 

:-)   Mike West

THE STORY ENDS WELL; after an extensive email list conversation among the 3000+ Googler Alumni it was determined I was not actually a Nigerian 519 email scammer trying to get my hands on a coveted Google Phone or at least not one with any chance of getting a Google phone from them for less than $400. I was eventually reinstated to the list.


This, of course, is a joke; however the type of scam I am spoofing is not.  


Sources:
Nexus One: 12 Tech Turkeys of 2010

Related Products:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------